Monday, December 6, 2010

DO NOT READ THIS until you've read ugly baby poemlings 4, 6, 7 and 8. (2 posts back)

Perhaps

The so familiar lines of you
I traced with my fingertips
Through the air
And I wonder

How your tongue purpled with wine
Would taste against the red on mine-
When your mind to pleasure strays
If it met mine, would you stay?
Could you be enough for me
If I would let you try to be…

Useless thoughts,
Left in the dark
Waiting quietly

Until my eyes, filled with adoration
Find (in yours) like declaration.





Crying Shame

(They say) I’m fine now
(But) my heart is still
(drowning in unshed tears)

(Tears) I’ve found (to be)
The (best or the only)
way to save our souls.

I started playing with parenthesizes-read it with and without them. 
Cool or gimmicky? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan!
    I often think your work is reminiscent of e.e Cummings. I love the whimsy & uniqueness of it!

    ReplyDelete