Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sorry in advance

I promise I'm not as sad as my poems.  But all of this rain and the extra stress at work mean I need an outlet.  Hence the more than slightly gloomy poetry.  My favorites are the last two, but I like the idea of the first, so I left it here too.  I'll try to write something sunnier soon :)

Hope
Hope, the hell I live in
the fire I can not quench-
phoenix flames that bring me back
are burning, always burning

Hope, the bird whose razor beak
pierces my Promethean skin
to steal my heart each sunrise
when the night had won it back.

Hope, the fraud I trusted
who knows my every dream,
promised peace and laughter
but left me misery

Hope I have abandoned
but its' hands still cling to me
and pull me down, drowning
in the never ending sea.

Surrender
Give me no skies out of reach
no more beckoning blue to taunt me
I want no sun to light the long way
and strengthen the shadows behind me
Give me no laughter and I'll find no tears
I want no brief hopes bought with despair
Let me lie alone, in a room of my own
Where only the darkness will find me.

Graveyard
Shadows so cold
the darkness shivers
stone so hard
the wild grass withers
bones so old
the worms won't stay
death so deep
the ground gives way
tears so heavy
they can't be held
arms so empty
they hug themselves.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE 'Graveyard'!!

    After the 1st reading, it reminded me of the lyrics to 'Tears to Shed' from CORPSE BRIDE...
    probably because it seems as though it's written from beneath the grave, rather than above it....(wow, that was a really morbid statement, but I truly meant it in a really good way!!!)


    "...The sure redeeming feature
    From that little creature
    Is that she's alive...
    Everybody know that's just a temporary state
    Which is cured very quickly when we meet our fate..."

    "If I touch a burning candle I can feel no pain
    In the ice or in the sun it's all the same
    Yet I feel my heart is aching
    Though it doesn't beat it's breaking
    And the pain here that I feel
    Try and tell me it's not real
    I know that I am dead
    Yet it seems that I still have some tears to shed"

    Love those lines & I love your poetry!
    Beautiful work Rosie! S0 glad you're back to writing & posting!!

    ReplyDelete