Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Word of the month, window to the soul

This month was rather dramatic.  My dad, who I have a word of the month poetry exchange with, nearly died.  In fact, he should be dead according to the doctors- but he isn't.  Despite 2 weeks in the hospital, one of them so out he can't remember it, my dad finished his poem on time.  Now here's mine- only just squeaking in.  I really like this, I hope you do to!  (there may be more tinkering later, of course!)

Eyes


In your eyes, like mountain skies
and midnight lakes when the old moon dies
as lashes lift, between their bars
glow the radiant evening stars

And in between the galaxies
sits a girl by a wild oak tree
old dreams blow through dark brown hair
over fields of green, that surround them there

Dancing through the autumn breeze
fly warm summer's memories
turning over, tumbling round-
within the witching wind I found:

A silver sliver of a laughing child
the tears of a willow, a heart beguiled
a tangle of words left unsaid
boat sails a'billow, a story re-read

Above the wind, the girl, the tree
the stars multiplied in mad revelry
when burning light they meet the sun-
they paused and stopped time's rampant run

Your eyes, so wide, so full, so free
with one look have halted me
and though time may resume it's run
your stars will ever be chased by my sun.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!!!
    The last 2 stanzas are my absolute favorites!!
    This has definitely made my top favorites...

    Heart you~ Laura

    ReplyDelete