Friday, March 25, 2011

A List of Poems

When I'm, filing papers at work or stuffing envelopes, I've been memorizing/re-learning poems.  Some of them are classics.  Some I learned in middle and high school and had to re-learn.  Some are newer favorites.  Here's a list of the ones I know so far.  Let me know if you have any suggestions :)

1 At a Window Carl Sandburg

2 Somebody Said Anon.

3 A Flower leaves its’ Fragrance Helen Steiner Rice

4 Marc Anthony’s Speech William Shakespeare

5 Rainy Day Robert Frost

6 In a Station of the Metro Ezra Pound

7 Always Marry an April Girl Ogden Nash

8 Further Reflections on Parsley Ogden Nash

9 The Shrimp Ogden Nash

10 Follies Carl Sandburg

11 Sonnet 30 William Shakespeare

12 I Carry Your Heart e e cummings

13 Stopping in the Woods on a Snowy Evening Robert Frost

14 in time of daffodils e e cummings

15 I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Maya Angelou

16 Ego Tripping (there may be a reason why) Nikki Giovanni

17 Thursday Edna St. Vincent Millay

18 Song Thomas Lovell Beddoes

19 Crossing the Bar Alfred Lord Tennyson

20 A Dream Deferred Langston Hughes

21 Perhaps Not to Be is to Be Without Your Being Pablo Neruda

22 Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair Langston Hughes

23 The Road Less Traveled Robert Frost

24 The Tyger William Blake

25 Hope is the thing with feathers Emily Dickinson

26 Dessert Places Robert Frost

27 One Art Elizabeth Bishop

28 True Stories Margret Atwood

Now that you've seen this and my writting, you probably have a good idea of how much nothing I do at work some days...
;)

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever read any of C.S Lewis's poetry?
    Simply put, the man was an all-around genius! His poetry is some of my absolute favorite~ probably because he is one of my all-time favorite writers and will always be a literary hero to me! You should look into his poetry~ in typical Lewis fashion, he tackles deep issues!! Brilliant!!
    Ps~ I’m overwhelmed by your impressive list! You have an incredible memory!!

    ReplyDelete