Monday, March 7, 2011

Wait, what happened to February?

Oh, I know!  I quit one job, went to Cleveland, than Hawaii, then started a new job.
So March it is, and so far a very productive month.  Well, at least a productive day :)
Let me know what you think!

Love Letter
And your words fill my mouth like a kiss
sweet phrases fluttering on tongue and lips
tasting warm as wine, spiced by cardamon and cinnamon sticks
Thoughts divorced from my reality still strung in the rhythm of my breath
pictures pressed to paper, the swift strokes of your pen race my heart
breaking between the final punctuation and the Love,
You

Conversation
We speak of
God,
without the bull shit called religion
Poetry,
inhaled, softly sipped like too expensive wine
Coffee,
as the first velvety overtones fade to the jittery taste of withdraw
Friends,
whose faceless names we known and love for each other
Music,
no, we don't speak it, we sing- loud and proud, and oh, so bad
Futures,
of the children: homeless, fatherless, motherless- longing to make less
Pasts,
the cold fingers of still-living ghosts grasping at the soul
Dreams,
long steeped in silence, these cups overflow with strength and purpose

And with our words, we build a world
you and I


Walk This Way
Her eyes dance with secrets
She hums a playful tune
With her there are no regrets
She'll fly you to the moon
Her heals pound the heartbeat
Of men stopping in the street-
With her Je ne se qua
Que Sera Sera
and from the look of her, it's gonna be good.

1 comment:

  1. Rosanne,
    I turn my back on the blogging world for one month and you’ve posted a book of poetry!
    I felt like I had to keep digging to find where I left off!
    Dear friend, you are truly inspired! I love the rhythm of your words…
    'Conversation' reminds me of 'Blue Like Jazz'~ filled with stirring imagery yet hitting the nail on the head!
    And you included FRENCH!! Oh la la! C'est Music to my ears…

    ReplyDelete