Monday, March 28, 2011

No more paper cuts

Today, I used a glue stick to seal 150 envelopes because I was sure if I didn't, I would manage to paper cut my tongue.
I also learned that to seal exactly 150 envelopes, one entire glue stick is nessesary.
Oh work, the thrills and chills you give me!
But I got to do this too :)

Almost April
When trees birth leaves in tears of red
when translucent buds lift drooping heads
when streams rise up against their banks
It's almost April again.

As tears of glass turn the earth to clay
as worms weave their way through winter's decay
as cardinals give way to more flittering birds
It's almost April again.

Then wails the wind, chased from the trees
then wake the bears to threaten the bees
then I remember life came, and you went-
It's almost April again.

When your petal eyes closed, dusty lashes locked
as your breath finished giving life to the flowers
then spring became sorrow, birth became death-
it was almost April again.

           Rainstorm
      Light raining liquid
from saturated clouds of
   molten, glowing, gold

           Complete
They say we're 'just friends'
   with implications of loss
    but we are just, friends.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE "Rainstorm"
    ~ it reminds me of the pictures you took through the rain drops and windshield in Baltimore!
    Heart You!

    ReplyDelete